Krishankshi Kashyap is a performing artiste of Sattriya and Bharatnatyam, classical dance forms of India. A disciple of renowned Sattriya dancer, Guru Ramkrishna Talukdar, she is trained in Bharatnatyam under Sangeet Natak Akademi awardee Guru Indira P. P. Bora.
Krishnakshi started her dance training at a tender age of six and from the beginning has displayed a natural love and attraction towards this art form. Her keen interest and dedication coupled with sincerity and innate talent helped her in making of a dancer in her. Blessed with natural flair for the art, and relentless single-minded devotion, Krishnakshi has developed into her present status as an elite performing artiste.
A Nritya Visharad in both the dance forms , Krishnakshi has performed extensively in various platforms across the nation. She has been invited to perform in national dance festivals including programmes and events organized by Zonal Cultural Centers, Department of Tourism, Department of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam and Ministry of Culture, Govt of India . Krishnakshi is now engaged in popularization and propagation of Sattriya Dance and is engaged as the Artistic Director of ‘Sattriyakristi’ , an organisation working for the development of arts and artistes .
Personal Information of the artiste:
Date of birth: 11th November, 1998
Address: House No 33; Lane No: 9
R. G. Barua Road, Guwahati-781024
e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student of Shrimanta Shankar Academy, Dispur, Guwahati.
- Having completed her training in ‘Performing Arts’ in Sattriya Dance from Nartan Kala Niketan, she has done her Nritya Visharad in first class with distinction.
- She has completed her training in Bharatnatyam in Kalabhumi and has performed her ‘Arangetram’ ceremony.
- Krishnakshi is a Nritya Visharad in Bharatnatyam from Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyapith, Lucknow in first class with distinction.
- Krishnakshi has completed her Nritya Visharad (Gunin) from Sangeet Sattra Pariksha Parishad , Assam.
- Krishnakshi is a graded artiste of Doordarshan Kendra in Sattriya Dance.
Apart from numerous performances in various places, some major solo and group performances of Krishnakshi are-
- Sattriya Dance performance in Srijan Utsav, Siliguri in Feb, 2010.
- Sattriya Dance performance on the occasion of Biswa Nritya Diwas in Rabindra Bhawan organized by North East Zone Cultural Centre, Dimapur and Directorate of Culture, Govt of Assam in April, 2010.
- Sattriya Dance performance in SARAS 10 held in MDTC in Oct, 2010.
- Sattriya Dance performance in the historic Barpeta Sattra & Sri Hati Sattra of Soalkuchi.
- Sattriya Dance performance in the opening ceremony of 1st South Asian Youth Conference, held in IIM, Bangalore in May, 2011. The event was organized by Blue Ribbon Movement in association with IIMB and Peace Child International.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Sri Sri Sankardev Mandir, Soalkuchi on the occasion of Sankar Mahotsav in Oct, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in “Saaneki – Indelible Impression of Assam”- a programme organized by Kuhipat Foundation in National Centre of Performing Arts, Mumbai, in Nov, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Srimanta Sankardev Bhawan, New Delhi on the occasion of Silver Jubilee celebration of Nartan Kala Niketan in Dec, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in an evening of ‘Sattriya Nritya by Krishnakshi Kashyap and group’ a programme sponsored by North East Zone Cultural Centre (Ministry of Culture, Govt of India) in Silpagram Auditorium in Dec, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Namrup on the occasion of Golden Jubilee celebration of Srimanta Sankar Sangha, Dibrugarh in Jan, 2012.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Dol Govinda Mandir, Rajadwar, North Guwahati on the occasion of Doul Utsav in March, 2012 and 2013.
- Performed in the Dance and Music Festival of North East organized by ICCR and NEZCC in Shilpgram Auditorium, Panjabari, Guwahati in July, 2012.
- Performed in the Tripura Tourism Festival, Melaghar, Tripura and in Harijola Folk Culture and Tourism Festival, Kakrabon, Tripura in Oct, 2012.
- Performed in the Nritya Milan-A festival of classical dance in LTG auditorium, New Delhi in Nov, 2012.
- Bharatnatyam Arangetram in Rabindra Bhawan in Dec, 2012.
- Sattriya Dance performance on the occasion of International Tourism Mart in Jan, 2013.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Dimaria Ethnic Festival held in Marangabari in Jan, 2013.
- Sattriya performance in National Conference & Cultural Exchange Programme of National Performing Arts Association, India in association with Takshshilla , Assam in April, 2013.
- Bharatnatyam performance in a Festival of Classical Dance on the occasion of World Dance Day organised by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in District Library in April, 2013.
- Sattriya and Bharatnatyam performance in Shri Shri Krishna Janmastami program organized by Hare Krishna Movement in Aug, 2013.
- Sattriya Dance performance in ‘Ek Uddiponar Jui’ -a prog organised on the 87th birthday of Bhupen Hazarika by New Arts Players in Rabindra Bhawan in Sep, 2013.
- Sattriya Rangayatra in Rabindra Bhawan in Dec 2013.
- Bharatnatyam performance in ‘Sangeet Madhuri’, a festival of classical dance and music organized by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in Dec2013.
- Sattriya Dance performance on the occasion of the 8th Special Session of Assam Sahitya Sabha in Feb 2014.
- Sattriya Dance performance in ‘Mahabahu Mahotsav’, organized by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in Feb 2014.
- Performed Sattriya dance in Nritya Ankur Festival organized by Nritya Aradhana Research Centre in Ravindra Natya Mandir, Mumbai in April 2014.
- Performed Sattriya Dance in World Dance Day programme by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Assam in Rabindra Bhawan in April 2014.
- Sattriya dance performance in ‘Nrityanjali’ a classical dance festival organized by Doordarshan Kendra Guwahati in May 2014.
- Sattriya dance performance in North East Zone Cultural Centre Young Talent Award ceremony in Shilpgram, Guwahati in May 2014.
- Performed as the ‘Sutradhar’ the narrator in ‘Draupadir Bastraharan’ – a dance drama in Sattriya style presented by Nartan Kala Niketan with support from Ministry of Culture, Govt. of Inida in July 2014.
- Performed Sattriya dance in ‘Bharatheeyam 2014’- a musical fest organized by Greater Cochin Development Authority and Kerala Tourism in Marine Drive, Kochi in Dec 2014.
- Sattriya Dance by Krishnakshi and group in ‘Eeshaanya’ – A North East cultural festival organised by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in IGNCA, SRC, Bangaluru in Mar 2015.
- Sattriya performance in ‘Nritya Natyam’- a evening of classical dance and music in Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati in Sep 2015.
- Performed Bharatnatyam on the occasion of third annual session of Assam Sahitya Sanmilan organised in Rabindra Bhawan in Oct 2015.
- Performed Sattriya dance in ‘Sparsh Purbottar’ a cultural fiesta organised by Sangeet Natak Akademi in New Delhi in Nov 2015.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Nishagandhi Festival 2016 organised by Kerala Tourism in Kanakakkunnu Thiruvananthapuram , Kerala in Jan 2016.
- Sattriya Dance performance in SNDT Women University, Mumbai in March 2016.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Durbar Hall , Raj Bhawan in presence of His Excellency The former Governor of Assam and Nagaland Shri P.B. Acharya in March 2016.
- Performed Sattriya Dance in Simhastha Malwa Festival 2016 organised by Govt of Madhya Pradesh in Lal Bagh Palace , Indore in May 2016.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Shilpgram Mahotsav – 2017 , National Festival of Arts organized by NEZCC in Shilpgram , Guwahati in January 2017.