Krishankshi Kashyap is a performing artiste of Sattriya and Bharatnatyam – classical dance forms of India. A disciple of Sangeet Natak Akademi awardee Guru Ramkrishna Talukdar, she is also trained in Bharatnatyam under Sangeet Natak Akademi awardee Guru Indira P. P. Bora.
Krishnakshi started her dance training at a tender age of six and from the beginning has displayed a natural love and attraction towards this art form. Her keen interest and dedication coupled with sincerity and innate talent helped her in making of a dancer in her. Blessed with natural flair for the art, and relentless single-minded devotion, Krishnakshi has developed into her present status as an elite performing artiste.
A Nritya Visharad in both the dance forms , Krishnakshi has performed extensively in various platforms across the nation. She has been invited to perform in national dance festivals including programmes and events organized by Zonal Cultural Centers, Department of Tourism, Department of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam and Ministry of Culture, Govt of India . Krishnakshi is now engaged in popularization and propagation of Sattriya Dance and is engaged as the Artistic Director of ‘Sattriyakristi’ , an organisation working for the development of arts and artistes .
- Young Talent Artiste Award 2017-18 by North East Zone Cultural Centre, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, for outstanding achievement in Sattriya Dance.
- Having completed her training in ‘Performing Arts’ in Sattriya Dance from Nartan Kala Niketan, she has done her Nritya Visharad in first class with distinction.
- She has completed her training in Bharatnatyam in Kalabhumi and has performed her ‘Arangetram’ ceremony.
- Krishnakshi is a Nritya Visharad in Bharatnatyam from Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyapith, Lucknow in first class with distinction.
- Krishnakshi has completed her Nritya Visharad (Gunin) from Sangeet Sattra Pariksha Parishad , Assam.
- Krishnakshi is a graded artiste of Doordarshan Kendra in Sattriya Dance.
Apart from numerous performances in various places, some major solo and group performances of Krishnakshi are-
- Sattriya Dance performance in International Performing Arts Festival ( IPAF), Kolkata in Satyajit Ray Auditorium, ICCR, Kolkata in December 2018.
- Sattriya Dance by Krishnakshi Kashyap in Uday Shankar Nrityotsav 2018 organised by West Bengal State Music Academy , under the Department of Information and Cultural Affairs, Govt of West Bengal held in Rabindra Sadan, Kolkata in December 2018.
- Sattriya Dance By Krishnakshi Kashyap and group on the 21st Vedvyas Sangeet Nrutyotsav 2018 organised by Bhanja Kala Kendra, Rourkella in November 2018.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Shri Shri Madhabdeb Auditorium in Kalakshetra Guwahati in June 2018.
- Sattriya Dance performance in OCTET 2018 held in New Delhi in February 2018.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Indradhanush Dilli 2017, organised by SUNAINA held in New Delhi in November 2017.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Akoya Sattra , Nityananda on the occasion of 569th Birth Anniversary of Srimanta Sankardeb in October 2017.
- Sattriya Dance performance on the occasion of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s visit to Assam in AAU Field, Khanapara in May 2017.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Shilpgram Mahotsav – 2017, a National Festival of Arts organized by North East Zone Cultural Centre in Shilpgram , Guwahati in January 2017.
- Performed Sattriya Dance in Simhastha Malwa Festival 2016 organised by Govt of Madhya Pradesh in Lal Bagh Palace, Indore in May 2016.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Durbar Hall , Raj Bhawan, Assam in March 2016.
- Sattriya Dance performance in SNDT Women University, Mumbai in March 2016
- Sattriya Dance performance in IASST, Boragaon in March 2016.•Sattriya Dance performance in Nishagandhi Festival 2016 organised by Kerala Tourism in Kanakakkunnu, Thiruvananthapuram , Kerala in January 2016.
- Performed Sattriya dance in ‘Sparsh Purbottar’ a cultural fiesta organised by Sangeet Natak Akademi in Meghdoot Bhawan, SNA Campus, New Delhi in November 2015.
- Performed Bharatnatyam on the occassion of Cultural evening of Assam Sahitya Sanmilan in Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati in October 2015.
- Sattriya dance performance In ‘Nritya Natyam’ in Rabindra Bhawan organized in association with Department of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in September 2015.
- Sattriya dance performance on the occassion of 567th Janmotsav of Shrimanta Sankardeb organised by Sankar Madhab Pratibha Kendra in Shrimanta Sankar Khetra, Durgasarobar in September 2015.
- Performed Sattriya Dance in ‘Eeshaanya’ – North East Cultural Festival in Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, SRC, Bangaluru in March 2015.
- Performed Sattriya dance in ‘Bharatheeyam 2014’- a musical fest organized by Greater Cochin Development Authority & Kerala Tourism in Marine Drive, Kochi in December 2014
- Performed as the ‘Sutradhar’ in ‘Draupadir Bastraharan’ -a Dance Drama in Sattriya style presented by Nartan Kala Niketan in association with Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India in July 2014.
- Performed Sattriya Dance in NEZCC Young Talent Award ceremony in May 2014.
- Performed in ‘Nrityanjali’ an Indian classical dance festival organized by Doordrshan Kendra, Guwahati in May , 2014.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Rabindra Bhawan on the occasion of World Dance Day organized by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in May, 2014.
- Sattriya Dance performance in ‘Nritya Ankur Festival’ organized by Nritya Aradhana Research Centre in Rabindra Natya Mandir, Prabhadevi , Mumbai in April, 2014.
- Sattriya Dance performance in a Cultural Programme organized by The Asiatic Society, Kolkata and NEZCC, Dimapur in Shilpgram, Guwahati in March 2014.
- Sattriya Dance performance in ‘Mahabahu Mahotsav’ , organized by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in February 2014 .
- Sattriya Dance performance on the occasion of the 8th Special Session of Assam Sahitya Sabha in February 2014.
- Bharatnatyam performance in ‘Sangeet Madhuri’ , a festival of classical dance and music organized by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in December 2013.
- Sattriya Rangayatra in Rabindra Bhawan in December 2013.
- Sattriya Dance performance in a programme organised by NEZCC in association with ‘Sattriyakristi’ in Shilpgram Auditorium in December 2013.
- Sattriya Dance performance in ‘Ek Uddiponar Jui’ -a programme organized on the 87th birthday of Late Dr. Bhupen Hazarika by New Arts Players in Rabindra Bhawan in September, 2013.
- Sattriya and Bharatnatyam performance in Shri Shri Krishna Janmastami programme organized by Hare Krishna Movement in August, 2013.
- Bharatnatyam performance in a Festival of Classical Dance on the occassion of World Dance Day organized by Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in District Library in April, 2013.
- Sattriya performance in National Conference & Cultural Exchange Programme of National Performing Arts Association, India in association with Takshshilla , Assam in April, 2013.
- Performed in Dimaria Ethnic Festival held in Marangabari in January, 2013.
- Performance on the occasion of International Tourism Mart in January , 2013.
- Bharatnatyam Arangetram in Rabindra Bhawan in December, 2012.
- Performed in ‘Nritya Milan’ -A festival of classical dance in LTG auditorium, New Delhi in November, 2012.
- Performed in the Neermahal Tourism Festival, Melaghar, Tripura and in Harijola Folk Culture and Tourism Festival, Kakrabon , Tripura organised by Department of Cultural Affairs , Tripura and sponsored by NEZCC in October, 2012.
- Performed in the Dance and Music Festival of North East organized by ICCR and NEZCC in Shilpgram Auditorium, Panjabari, Guwahati in July, 2012.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Dol Govinda Mandir, Rajadwar, North Guwahati on the occasion of Doul Utsav in March, 2012 and 2013.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Namrup on the occasion of Golden Jubilee celebration of Srimanta Sankar Sangha, Dibrugarh in January, 2012.
- Sattriya Dance performance in an evening of ‘Sattriya Nritya by Krishnakshi Kashyap and group’ a programme sponsored by North East Zone Cultural Centre (Ministry of Culture, Govt of India) in Shilpgram Auditorium in December, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Srimanta Sankardev Bhawan, New Delhi on the occasion of Silver Jubilee celebration of Nartan Kala Niketan in December, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in ‘Saaneki – Indelible Impression of Assam’- a programme organized by Kuhipat Foundation in National Centre of Performing Arts, Mumbai, in November, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Sri Sri Sankardev Mandir, Soalkuchi on the occasion of Sankar Mahotsav in October, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in the opening ceremony of 1st South Asian Youth Conference, held in IIM, Bangalore in May, 2011.
- Sattriya Dance performance in the Barpeta Sattra & Sri Hati Sattra of Soalkuchi.
- Sattriya Dance performance in SARAS 10 held in MDTC in October, 2010.
- Sattriya Dance performance on the occasion of Biswa Nritya Diwas in Rabindra Bhawan organized by North East Zone Cultural Centre, Dimapur and Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Assam in April, 2010.
- Sattriya Dance performance in Srijan Utsav, Siliguri in February, 2010.